We are building web applications since the mid-90s with Python. Historically, we have used a
As an outcome of some planless Tuesday afternoon hacking, I created zopyx.trashfinder.
zopyx.trashfinder is a small script perform some sanity check on packages registered on PyPI.
- the package has description
- the package has a summary
- the package metadata contains either the name of the author or the maintainer
- the package metadata contains either the email of the author or the maintainer
- the package releases contain actually files - either directly on PyPI or at least through a valid download_url
I consider those requirements minimal and easy to fulfill for any package maintainer - I stay with my statement that PyPI is the public data toilet of the Python community.