In this blog post, I describe to how to use collective.jsonify for exporting a
Produce & Publish is both a platform and a framework for authoring and generating documents in high-quality and various output formats. The primary focus of the platform is PDF but it also supports office-formats like Open-Office, Word, RTF and most popular eBook formats. Client connectors integrate your existing systems like content-management-systems, portals or native applications through a standarized API with the Produce & Publish server making the platform accessible within your company or institution. The Produce & Publish Authoring Environment gives you access and full control to content, look & feel and the publication process through a single web-based user-interface. The flexible and open API make Produce & Publish the perfect choice for Web-to-Print applications for generating documents based on dynamic data.
This a short update on the state of our Produce & Publish platform for Plone.
After one year with several Produce & Publish projects I came to the point where different customer requirements made a major refactoring of some parts of conversion pipeline necessary.
Right now I am working on a much simpler architecture for the Produce & Publish Plone Client Connector and the Authoring Environment itself. Besides the more lean and flexible architecture, a number of new features will appear with the next major release (scheduled for early summer this year):
- a document structure introspector
- an image introspector
- single-source publication for PDF and Web
- flexible aggregation of content
- HTML publishing: either a single (long) HTML document or chapter-wise HTML documents
- HTML publishing: consistent enumeration of tables and images across chapter-wise HTML document
- HTML Publishing: flexible navigation within splitted documents (previous-next navigation)
- PDF generation: automatic table and image listings
- PDF-per content project or per-chapter or both
- (optional) auto-archiving of published content
This new version of the Authoring Environment will support Plone 4.0 or higher (no Plone 3.X support any more) and will use chEditor as new default editor.