We are building web applications since the mid-90s with Python. Historically, we have used a
Just left the Cathedral Sprint in Cologone after three days of successful sprinting. This was the most productive sprint I have ever attended. We had a clear goal for the sprint and we reached it with a great complementary team.
As an outcome we implemented plone.app.event - a replacement for ATEvent - which should make it into Plone 4.1.
Features of plone.app.event:
- drop-in replacement for ATEvent
- new calendar widget with full internationalization and localization support
- support for whole day events
- support for events without end dates
- proper export of whole day events to iCal
- recurrence (work-in-progress)
Thanks to the fantastic calendaring sprint team:
- Vincent Fretin - doing a great job on the calendar widget, jQuery UI integration and lots of code polishing
- Johannes Raggam - working on recurrence issues and integration of RecurringIndex
- Tom Gross and Rodrigo Ristow - plone.app.event core implementation and porting stuff from ATEvent, tests etc.
And our special thanks to GFU Cyrus AG, Cologne for hosting the sprint and their awesome financial support. It has been a pleasure spending three days at the GFU headquarter.