We are building web applications since the mid-90s with Python. Historically, we have used a
I've spent some time over the weekend to clean up my zoo of Plone instances for my ZOPYX domains. All sites were migrated into a single Zope 2.9.4 instance running Plone 2.5.
Visible changes are:
- new site opensource.zopyx.com: this site runs PloneHelpCenter and PloneSoftwareCenter and will replace the existing opensource.zopyx.biz in the near future. With this migration I will retire my own SoftwarePackageNG package because PloneHelpCenter and PloneSoftwareCenter became what SoftwarePackageNG was supposed to be.
- blog.zopyx.biz moved to blog.zopyx.com and now uses Quills 1.5. This site is also open now for joining in case you want to comment on a blog entry.
- www.zopyx.com remained unchanged
To be honest: the migration went very smoothly compared to any other Plone migration in the past. I only had to tweak the i18n machinery
at one point because of some UTF-8 unicode conversion errors..not a big deal.